Saturday 4 June 2016

Blog 13: How I tackle Seventeen Cosmetics

So it was my (17th) birthday last week and my sister thought it would be hilarious to buy me a haul from the makeup brand Seventeen. I honestly don't know a lot about the brand but I occasionally see it on a revolving podium in boots or Superdrug but, to be honest, everyone just walks passed it and goes to the gleaming aisles of Broadway branded banners occasionally featuring grumpy sales assistants which would honestly try to murder you if you were within 10 metres of their products. Being relatively new to makeup I tend to stick to the big brands that I know I can rely on and I never really venture out. However this has forced me to step out of my comfort zone and try something completely new. For any guys reading, yes changing from one makeup brand to another is a BIG DEAL. Well it is for me. It's the difference between looking like that pretty contoured snapchat filter and being a orange covered in marker pen. I got 6 items from the brand and just a quick comment on first impressions; they looked really sleek and expensive which was very appealing. I also need to say I filmed doing my makeup which is online on YouTube if you want to check it out:


 
 

 


All the items (All prices from boots)



My eyebrows


 
 
£5.99


 
£4.69


Firstly can I say, I never really do my eyebrows. They are a feature I like to forget because I honestly don't know how to save them. They are both different shapes but I can't decide which one I like better so they are just uneven and it kinda makes me look like I'm constantly judging everything. So with that in mind, probably don't copy my tutorial. I started off with using the Clear definition mascara/brow brush to brush up the hairs into a shape I liked. I then followed the instructions from inside the brow kit using the wax first then the colour then the setting powder (used under and at front of eyebrow). For a first time properly giving my brows a go I don't think it was too disastrous. I have to rave about the Clear definition gel as it made my eyebrows calm down and have a sense of direction rather than the bushes they normally are. I'm giving it a 10/10! It is so worth the investment and it can be used as a clear mascara as well! The brow kit is also a great investment for someone who has no idea about brows. It has great instructions which won't make you look like you plucked two slugs out of the garden and stuck them to your face. 8/10



The contour


 
£5.99


Oh the joys of contouring. Believe me, its taken me a while to work out how to blend properly... but this palette is not only bronzer but can be used as a highlighter as well!!! The excitement! I started using the deepest brown as I wanted a really defined contour which was a little bit orange but with about 5 minutes of blending we got a good result. I used the lightest shade for a highlighter and it looked wonderful and I was really pleased with it. Unfortunately I've just purchased an Elizabeth Arden bronzer which blends effortlessly and matches my skin tone perfectly so the Seventeen brand bronzer wasn't really competition. However I would definitely recommend it as an affordable and inexpensive bronzer. 7/10

 


The eyeshadow

 
 
£5.99


For any of you who know me, I love love love eyeshadow and this was my 6th palette! 'Easy on the eye' comes with 8 matte shades and 4 creams. I'm very picky about my eyeshadows as I like they very pigmented and very blendable and this palette had compete with my well established other palettes. I first tried the matte shades, 'Onyx black' first which came out as a dark blue then blended it with 'twilight blue'. I say blended...more like stabbing my eye with my brush because the matte eyeshadows DO NOT BLEND to my disappointment. I was feeling kinda down about this because I do love eyeshadow so I began to use the creams in the corners of my eyes and OMG, life had meaning again. The cream eyeshadows ARE AMAZING. They are so pigmented and, obviously being a cream, easy to blend. I absolutely love the colours and I will definitely be using them again. Overall 7/10



The eyeliner


 
£3.99

It looks so funky and came in the most amazing packaging. I didn't have long to film the video so I didn't do a spectacular job of my eyeliner but I gave it a go. It has the tiniest tip to draw with which is perfect and it offers a bit of flexibility as well, slightly too much though as I nearly drifted up to my eyebrows! What shocked me was that it was almost instantly drying which is perfect for me because I always blink then I have to remove it which removed the eyeshadow then I do it all again then I blink again... etc. It was a wet look finish which I really liked considering I'm not normally a fan of it. Overall 9/10



The lipstick 


 
£4.49


Again, funky packaging! I really loved the outside of it and I would love my lipstick rack to be full of that design. I got the colour 'Rule Breaker' which I loved the colour of. As you can see it comes out in a bright berry colour which is so me. I also really liked the shape of it as it made it easy to cover my cupids bow. I was expecting it to be a matte but it surprised me and instead was really glossy and smooth. This product had no negative feedback as far as I'm aware! 10/10

So here are a few photos from after the completed look. Of course I wouldn't wear everything together as it would be a bit too bold but I really liked experimenting with this new brand and its something I would like to do again! Got any ideas as to what I should do next? I've made the comment section open below so anyone can comment so please feel free to suggest or comment on this blog!






Thank you all again! Last I checked I'm at 37k views!
Love you all

Ciao xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love this eye makeup, you look beautiful sweetie!
    Have a fab weekend! Xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete